Monday 16 January 2017

A GLORIOUS WORLD

I can pluck stars
from the inky sky 
Or decorate your morn
with blushing hues,
But that's cliché.
You deserve more.
Something better 
something new.... 

So close your eyes 
and let me paint 
Behind your iris 
a gentle world so quaint 
Where rivers gush
in dawn’s amber glow
Violins croon
in mellifluous overflow
Flowers bloom 
in everlasting spring 
Church bells toll 
and birds forever sing. 

Let me print sunshine 
and rainbows 
and warm drops of rain 
Blue skies 
and joyful days 
sillage of jasmine again. 

Open your heart 
so I can etch there 
anew 
Stories of love 
in zephyrs 
and shiny drops of dew 
Night skies 
a harvest moon 
and stars glowing bright 
You perched on 
your favourite galaxy 
Spinning in delight

Behold,
O brimming heart
In wonder
This blissful existence
I rewrite
for my magnificent sprite 

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment