Monday 16 January 2017

ANOTHER CHANCE AT LIFE

I sit quietly on a bench 
under an ancient tree 
hidden behind its crackly trunk 
But can I hide myself from destiny? 

Lost in my world of fantasy 
I sit motionless 
Far far away in my dreams 
where waves brush my feet 
endlessly 
Their warm touch soothing,
and a smile tugs at my lips 

My eyes flutter close 
The lashes gently brushing away 
the fine dust 
of distance 
from the scene 
Now I can see more clearly 
I don't know 
when my forehead came to rest 
against the rough rasp 
of the broken bark 
(or was it the bark?) 
I stay there, 
letting your floating words 
wash over me 
Did an eternity pass by 
in that moment 
Or was it just a moment 
in which I lived my eternity 

I saw dusk gathered around me 
at some point 
The sky watched me flamingly 
While I wondered 
if we could take a step back in time 
and be someone else 
Start all over again 
from scratch 

Hi You! 
Would you like to walk over the horizon
and surf the waves of the sea 
Would you, under the starlight sky 
share a dance with me 
Moving together 
to new beats of a different rhythm 
While our eyes sing a triumphant melody 
Just you and me... 

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment