Thursday 12 January 2017

BLENDED

I thought of you so often 
That you vanished 
There wasn't any you left 
Distinct from me 
An essence woven, inextricably 
Like a weavers fantasy 
Into the fabric 
Of my deepest intimate being 

I saw you in the mirror 
Looking out at me 
From my impish dancing eyes 
I felt you 
In the warm tropical zephyrs 
Flowing around me 
In perfect, invisible disguise. 
You were there in every inhale 
Like a lingering fragrance 
Exploding atoms 
To perfume my soul anew 
You crawled under my ebony skin 
Perched indolently on my windowsill 
Kept my blankets cozily warm 
Stitched my broken pieces with charm 
I looked around to find myself 
But there wasn't any me either 
Just diffused shadows beating in tandem 
Savoring the perfect rendezvous. 

A you in me, and a me in you.


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment