Monday 16 January 2017

IRREPRESSIBLE

You keep your voice from me 
But its overtones and undertones
Reach out to my heart
In a million trembling waves
Across the silence of the seas

What would you do about that?

Or about your fragrance
That follows me
Caressingly
In a shower of tender petals
Its soft intangible touches
Like a blanket of stars
Around my shoulders
As the long night begins to settle

How about your songs
That float breathlessly
On the hushed currents of air
Their every pulsating note
Wrenched reluctantly
From the depths of your soul
As if you put them there
Just for me

Can you stop the pourings
Of your passion
From painting your glorious spirit
In words
Of countless vibrant hues
That become your poignant poetry

Try all you can
Use every one of your timeless remedies
But you can never stop your rebel soul
From touching mine
O Grand Rimer of ancient melodies!

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment