Tuesday 17 January 2017

WINTER WONDERLAND

Each time a snowflake falls 
in soft feathery whispers 
Hugging the hurting landscape 
lovingly
with its caring tender shivers 
I'll hold out my hand 
to caress it with my warmth 
expectantly 
Will you then 
in all your majestic splendor 
come back to me wordlessly 
Will you hold me tight
in remembered touches 
of cherished memories 
Will you stay with me endlessly 
Willing the white fairies 
to never stop falling 
Willing the summer breeze 
to never come calling 

Will you find a place for me 
within the rising wisps 
of warm moist breaths 
in your winter wonderland 
Will you hide me behind your iris 
where the seasons never change, 
Where there's an eternal spring 
waiting 
just for me 
Will you, in your snowy flutters of love 
come back to me again 

But I know 
It's not my destiny to stay 
beyond the last snowflake 
So when I melt away 
in the heat of the rising sun 
Will you miss me 
Will you wait for me 
to fall 
from the clouds above 
In another beautiful shape 
that I will take 
As the seasons turn 
If I know you will, 
I will forever come 
to this winter paradise 
To the haven 
of your beckoning eyes 
I hope you will remember 
forever 
and everyday 
That I'm just a snowfall away.... 

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment