Thursday 12 January 2017

ELEMENTAL

One day 
We will sit beneath the darkening skies 
The roof of clouds falling ever so low 
Shrinking the world into a tiny space 
Crowding out the vistas, 
Just big enough for you and me now 

Thunder rumbling in rousing symphonies
Impish breeze rummaging in your hair 
A tousled head decorated by leaf shreds 
Will leave me breathless 
In the swiftly cooling damp air 

The flashing streaks of dazzling blue 
Will dance to pagan rhythms divine 
My hand hiding quickly into yours, 
As you hold me close, 
The crackling shivers down my spine 

Musky inhales of a drunken earth 
Swirling around us in sensuous moves 
While fat drops of rain will tease 
Like cold pebbles on goose-bumpy skin 
And we’ll laugh like children 
Running in the drenching breeze.....
Our mingling breaths rising up in steam 
Between us 
Cast adrift, in our misty world of fantasy.


MS



No comments:

Post a Comment