Thursday 12 January 2017

LORE OF THE LOST MAIDEN

O God! 
Let me be a mermaid for a day 
An angelic one with wings 
So I can swim 
Among the silence of the stars 
And let the moon love me 
Amidst drops 
Of his cascading poetry 

Give me a day 
No more, no less 
To be so alive 
In words 
Of broken breaths 
That I die 
With the rise of every heartbeat 
A thousand glorious deaths 
Then you may send me back 
To live 
Beneath the darkened sea 

I'll lie fluttering on the rock shore 
Forevermore 
Bathing it with my salt tears 
Each night 
As I cry for the lover moon 
And he'll rise me up in tides 
Just high enough to reach out 
Yet never high enough to touch 
His mellifluous tune 

The sailors, they wake up swearing 
On bleeding hearts 
Talking of their mournful dreams 
Where wretched wails of a maiden lost 
On all but the nights of no moon 
Are heard upon yonder high seas 

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment